Membrane for wooden shed ?

My wooden workshop is having a major make over - the framing is having to be patched/rebuilt and weather-boarding totally replaced.

Are there any downsides to putting a membrane between the replacement weatherboarding and the frame? The pluses would be draught-proofing and protecting the frame but might there be something I'm missing.

Thanks

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Builder's paper or roofing felt.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Tyvex underlay

Reply to
keith_765

workshop is having a major make over - the framing is having

Why these materials - why not builder's polythene ?

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

workshop is having a major make over - the framing is having

tyvex is semi-permeable. Breathes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

wooden workshop is having a major make over - the framing is having

Tyvex doesn't deterreate and it breathes. Tyvex took the place of building paper or sisal craft as it was known by. Polythene traps condensation.

Reply to
keith_765

workshop is having a major make over - the framing is having

Or why not answer the actual question instead of what you think the question is?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq