Medical and Dental Tourism to the United States

Many American Dentists and Doctors of various medical specialties are
reporting a marked increase of foreign tourists from the UK, Canada,
and several European countries to many American cities for
professional care that is either unavailable in their own countries or
with such long waiting times from their national health care systems
that by the time they can get service, they are a lot sicker or even
dead. Although rich people have done this for a long time, the cheap
dollar has made this option available to many of middle class means.-
Jitney
Reply to
jtnospam
Normally people go to countries where its cheaper, not 10x more expensive. If the treatment you need is only available in US, be prepared for a thorough financial looting.
NT
Reply to
meow2222
The correct way to go about it is to negotiate a treatment plan before you depart, in writing, with costs and maximums agreed upon in advance. There are many providers, and if you are paying cash, typically care providers will cut 30% to 50% off the top because you have saved them the cost, hassle and delays associated with their collection efforts from the insurers. Insurers almost never pay 100% of their asking costs, and neither should you. Do not pay more than 10% deposit in advance. -Jitney
Reply to
jtnospam
In message , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes
Strange, I thought most people went to poland, Bulgaria etc ...
Reply to
geoff
In message , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes
you're spamming the wrong NG for that sort of people, aren't you
now fuck off
Reply to
geoff
In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...
Odd - they mostly go to Bulgaria or other ex Eastern Block places. Can't think why they'd go all the way to the States when adequate treatment is available nearer and cheaper.
Reply to
Skipweasel
In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...
Most people have more sense than to go for cutting edge anything - it's too easy to cut yourself.
We leave that sort of thing to people with more money than sense.
Reply to
Skipweasel
In message , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes
Commercial posting whether blatant or disguised is not allowed here
Take your spam elsewhere
Reply to
geoff

Site Timeline Threads