Mechanic's crawler (possibly also seat) - recommendations?

As I get older and more inflexible I find getting down to work under a vehicle a lot more difficult. Well, the getting up again is usually the hardest part.

We have just bought a new (to us) Motor Home and I will need to do some crawling about underneath, plus some fairly low level investigations of side hatches and the like.

I am considering a mechanic's crawler (some varieties also convert into a seat) but as usual there is far too much choice.

As usual, I am looking for recommendations from anyone who already has one, or has knowledge about them.

The price range is interesting! From Amazon.

Cheapest

Below £50

Around £100

The £102.93 Draper is the only name I recognise so far.

The main question is how massive is the difference in quality? For example the wheels look better on the Draper and there is an extra one at the bottom. The padding looks more substantial. But is that worth an extra £50?

The budget I had in mind was around £50, and there are a lot between £50 and £100, but it is hard to tell where value for money starts and finishes.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

When I used to mess around under cars ( several decades ago) made one from a stray shelf (not sure where it came from, it is several planks held together by a couple of metal bracket / strips). I just bolted 4 castors I found laying around onto it. I used an old cushion for my head, if needed. The trolley has also been used to moved things like washing machines, fridges, ….

Remember, assuming you have a motorhome like a Ducato, the ground clearance is much greater than a car. I can move around under my Ducato based motorhome easily without needing to jack it up etc.

Reply to
Brian

Dig a pit.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I have the Draper and could not fault it but in my increased senility my head spins when i lie down on it :-(

Reply to
fred

Lying down under a can has always had that effect on me! Not sure if it's just senility!

Reply to
Fredxx