MDF?

How many things are wrong with that idea? OK... How many things are wrong with the idea of using MDF in there?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

all it needs is a good coating of wax to make it waterproof..... now where would you get wax from in a beehive? :)

Reply to
Gazz

Why, don't bees like mdf?

Reply to
dennis

Don't the resins used release formaldehyde? They might not like that.

Reply to
newshound

They'd propolise it maybe. They don't cover normal frames though entirely.

Looks easier than making frames though. I have tried with a jig to hold the bits in place to make sure they're square, but him indoors is much better at it than me.

Would be interesting to see them in an extractor.

Reply to
mogga

It even says in the sheet about assembling them that it expands. If it sagged and broke whilst in the hive it'd be a mess!

Reply to
mogga