Maplin Resurrection?

And all that without running 1 MB of javascript...

Reply to
Adam Funk

Just as well, that was probably about the total RAM in the machine[1] at the time, and a few years before the invention of the WWW, HTML etc!

[1] Amiga B2000, External Personics V22bis modem.
Reply to
John Rumm

Mike Aldrich always liked to tell people that he invented home shopping using a computer in 1980.

The computer was a modified 14 inch rediffusion colour tv with a Z80 SBC and modem kludged ?inside

The Redifon site in Crawley was the size of 2 football fields where a hundred or so people made data general nova mini clones with in house software for key-to-disk data entry systems.

And I mean made. They made their own CPU boards, memory boards terminal muxes, the lot. They only bought in printers, disks tape drives and hard stuff like casings, boxes etc.

All gone by the early 90's after Bill Gates and the IBM PC wiped out their target markets.

Reply to
Andrew

Proops & J Bull were always interesting. Loads of stock from Bull is still sitting in huge sheds, including some cars. If I had nothing better to do I'd see them about that.

Bull... where else could you get CCA mains cable after it was banned?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr