Maplin alarm kits which one

Hi all

I popped into my local Maplin yesterday and they had some "used" (I assume this to mean returns) alarm kits 60% off. They had the following

- Lorex 1080p says it has 130 foot night range

- Swan Pro series HD 1080p with thermal sensing and true detect

- Swan platinum HD 5mp (2.4 X better than 1080p)

Anyone have any experience of any of these?

Thanks

Lee.

Reply to
leenowell

I haven;t but.

whisky-dave

Some friends had a Swan DVR, back then it only supported IE using ActiveX, worth checking whether or not it's got more open for other browsers since then ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks Andy. I also run lynux at home so that might be another challenge.

Reply to
leenowell

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk formulated on Friday :

Those would seem to be security cameras rather than alarms, but I am sure you could probably find them cheaper from other sources.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Sorry all change subject to say CCTV as pointed out.

Reply to
leenowell

Just beware that all those home DVR's are notorious for their lack of network security, and are commonly used to break in to home networks, and used to attack other systems on the Internet. I do have one, but it sits in a DMZ of it's own which has almost everything except NTP blocked in the firewall.

On my todo list is to get rid of it and replace it with a proper Linux system with VDR software which I can manage and keep up-to-date.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel