Makita on E Bay

Been looking for a Makita TD020DSE - its a 7.2v Li-Ion Impact Driver.

Lawsons HIS have them for £52 but a search on E Bay brings up a tool shop on the Isle of Wight with them for £36 - quite a difference

Lawsons have a page devoted to Makita warranty
which seems to me like a scare story.

Never bought anything on E Bay - does this IOW deal look kosher?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That refers to non-EU models having no warranty wehn imported, the IoW=20 one says it has full manuf. warranty Lawson site does sound like FUD to m= e.

The seller looks ok, been around a few years, good feedback, better be=20 quick, only one left ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

The seller has a 4000plus feedback score and 100% positive. Read the feedbacks. Looks good to me

mark

Reply to
Mark

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you look at their Ebay shop details there is a link to their bricks and mortar shop and to their own web site.

though, they don't have the Makita Impact driver listed there.

I would call them, ask why and if satisfied, buy it over the phone.

Reply to
Andy Hall

£50 here including P&P
George

Even cheaper and a good FB

George

I'll give them a call.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes, but that aside it's 17Nm max torque.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

They can also order and supply spares for most proper tools and have a service centre as well.

Well worth a visit if you are in the area, only a small ish shop but they do pack in the kit. Last time I went for example they had over a dozen mitre saws set up for display - most on proper stands or tables as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

Which is pretty good for a small driver like this. The Ryobi one is nothing like as powerful. The Metabo is 16Nm.

I want something small for confined spaces. This also has 2 batteries, rather than a built in one.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Forgive my naivety, and apologies for hijacking your thread, but do I need an *impact* screwdriver? Go on, give me an excuse...

Regards, Neil

Reply to
Neil

ews:2aMdj.70088$c snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

You obviously haven't got one, so therefore you need one! well that's the excuse I use and she has not questioned it yet!!!

Reply to
grumpyat

But of course. These things can conquer Al Qaeda, inflation in Zimbabwe and even sort out a prime minister for Belgium.

Oh, and provided that you are not looking for subtlety can put in a screw or two as well.

Plus, the rapid way in which they appear to do it will impress those around you and make them think that you are a true professional.

TMH is even looking for a way to work his into his magic acts - great for attaching the lid to the box with the girl inside really quickly.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Here you go:

know it makes sense! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I've just had a look on eBay. did a search on: Makita TD020DSE

24 for sale. You might be interested to list the 'completed ' items. It shows that the normal price is £25-£30 + del.

mark

Reply to
Mark

I bought 2 Makita angle grinders form that same seller in the last year or so. No complaints, they're lasting well (unlike the cheapies they replaced!)

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

Of course you do!

The one I use is "I need it for the business luv". Seems to work :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman