Mains inlet on a car.

Yup - they're on order. Thanks. Dunno how I missed them - perhaps I thought they were just multi-pole low voltage.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's not being 'layed up' exactly. If it was I'd remove the battery.

I don't want it under the bonnet. I want a small discrete external one perhaps mounted on a bumper iron. Nor does how common it is matter - as it will only be used at home with my own mains lead.

I'd hope none uses an XLR 3 for mains... But I wouldn't bet on it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The combination XLR-Speakon-13A adapters are really useful if you run out of long enough leads...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If it was with RS on their web site, you might want to call them to check that it has appeared in their order processing system.

Their new web site, which has been quite good when it's been working, has been up an down like a wh***s draws today.

In the end I had to call them to place an order before the 20:00 cut off for next day delivery. They told me that some orders had not made it through from their web system.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh yes they do!. A Figure of 8 lead mates fine with an XLR!..

I thought all OB sound men knew that;?...

Reply to
tony sayer

You don't have a pond.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Naw - only use RS when desperate. ;-) I've ordered them from Rapid. Partially out of loyalty as they're the only one of these suppliers who sends me a cat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They might do but I'm not an OB sound man. Apart from perhaps the Derby on a nice day.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Used all the time on mixing desks in my day, lockable was important.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't know when your day was but I've never seen an XLR 3 used for mains on any pro audio equipment despite having worked in the industry all my life and since before XLRs were the standard for audio in the UK . There was a brief period where the LNE XLR was popular - the same body but designed (badly) for mains and certainly unable to mate with a 3 pin audio one. Except with a large hammer.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I though that was what was meant...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Heh heh. I like the mains connectors based on the Speakon but they're not weatherproof. We use them at work and I reckon they're the strongest connecter ever.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , tony sayer writes

Ever fed mains up UR67 Tony? When needs must etc.

Reply to
Bill

In article , Bill scribeth thus

Well.. When I used to work at Pye TvT on telly transmitters they used that very cable to carry 15 odd kilovolts around to the Klystrons with the screen well earthed of course!...

Reply to
tony sayer