Magnet Trade Update

Around September last year a Magnet rep asked me if I wanted a trade account, which I didn't cos I don't really buy much that they sell, but they offered 20 tubes of silicone FOC with no spend required - so I opened an account (never used it).

Month ago I got a £100 off voucher to spend when I activated my account, even if I only spent £101.

Gave it to my daughter who is shortly moving in to a house & she chose some cabinet lights @ £107.

Went to pick them up, they only came to £74 trade, so I had to spend another £26 to qualify.

Ended up with two carrier bags full of grab adhesive, caulk, premium silicone, wood glue, Spax screws, wipes etc - Magnet are actually very cheap on things like this. Best part of 20 cartridges of useful stuff - and the lights will cost me around £4 when the bill comes in.

Obviously some kind of promotion designed to open trade accounts. I was quite honest in the first instance & told them I would never really buy anything from them. But if they want to give away stuff I'm happy to take it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman