MAF sensor

I need a manifold air pressure sensor for a project. Preferably a bulkhead mount type. One bar fine. Analogue output. Thought I'd found the ideal one off an Escort - but it has a digital output.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

MAF or MAP? You'll have seen the project to make a air mass flow meter from a 12V light bulb with the glass envelope removed won't you?

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Bugger. But the text is correct - it's a MAP sensor I need. To provide a DC output proportional to the vacuum.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Suggest a tour of a scrappy..

Hmm.wait a minute

Try a Fiat scrap car. Think the injection system use an analogue one. Old Punto or 500 maybe..

FWIW there are only half a dozen basic injection systems in use worldwide. Ford, Lucas, Magneti Marelli and Bosch spring to mind as the most known ones..there's a Japanese one as well, maybe two.

I've lost my contacts in that area sadly..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Trouble is there aren't any near here anymore. And I need to know what car to look for.

Ford use a digital one - that's the problem. I've found a firm that supplies most of the current ones - but there's a bewildering variety. And I'd prefer a secondhand one complete with plug - as these all seem to vary too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

As a follow up, I did some more research via Google and discovered others are using generic types from the likes of CPC. Looks to have the required spec - the only difference from a car one being the connections - molex rather than an automotive one. And 15 rather than 75 quid...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)