Low level letterbox prohibition bill

I deliver the residents association newspaper to people in my road, so I have experience of delivery. My opinion carries weight and should be heard! :)

Anyway, crouching down to the ankle-height letterboxes is a bit of a pain, but I have no problem at all with vertical boxes. What have you got against them?

Reply to
GB

They are awkward to keep open while you shove the leaflet in, since to get them open to horizontal in order to shove the leaflet in, you have to press near the hinge (which is anyway often sprung) at the top and so you have poor mechanical advantage which doing that. On a horizontal one you can press near the bottom edge to open it properly, and then the distance to the hinge is a lot less, so opening it is a lot easier.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Who wants to go out in the pouring rain to get the post? Escpecially at the weekend when some are lazing around in pyjamas.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Ours is just inside the front gate, quite some distance from the house. Out neighbours across the road have an even longer drive, and they have a box just past the gatepost. We have a gate alarm, so don't bother to check the box unless we know something's in it.

Reply to
S Viemeister

See! Who says they're all crap now?

Reply to