Looks like we are not the only ones doubtful...

Nice one David! (I mean 'nice one DWER', not DWDC, of course!)

John

Reply to
Another John

But to what extent was that just a problem with 1st gen stations?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Not really even a problem there.

Its all a huge scare thing whipped up by the antis..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Far less than TNP has said in public.

Reply to
dennis

Whoosh!

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Pair of fuckwits.

Reply to
grimly4

Humourless c*ut.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If it's so easy, force the wind farms to collectively build a few, and that we'll only buy the predictable output from the ponds, rather than the raw windmill output, then if the wind don't blow for a few days, they can buy overnight nuke power to fill their ponds, can't they?

Reply to
Andy Burns

IF wind farms had to compete on equal terms they would never have been built at all, though.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So where will these ponds be put then?

Reply to
Tim Streater

That's up to them if it's so easy, ISTR somewhere on Exmoor was mooted for Dinorwig II at one point.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ah yes - everyone will support that! And what would be the height differential?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Ask those propents from the Telegraph article, not me ...

Reply to
Andy Burns