Looking for manual for old Ideal Classic boiler

I have a fairly old Ideal Classic boiler (NF260), and am looking for a manual for this. I looked at the Ideal site (and also wrote to the manufacturers) but wasn't able to find anything appropriate. I wonder if there is anywhere else I could find this?

There has been a problem with the boiler; a man from the local gas company corrected the fault, but said it was likely to occur again, and would probably require a new fan.

I thought if I knew the setup I would try to do the work myself.

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Hi Timothy, I have an Ideal boiler, but I'm not sure which one.. it is old.. and I do have the manuals... but they are at home and I'm at work. I will check when I get home tonight and see what model they are and I'll bring the manuals in tomorrow and scan them to PDF and email them if that's any use to you.

Timothy Murphy wrote:

Reply to
william.dossett

Thank you. That would indeed be very useful. I guess any Ideal Classic manual would probably help, although as I said I have the NF260 boiler.

Incidentally, the reason I thought I'd try a bit of DIY is that the man from the gas company who got the boiler working said that it would go again sooner or later and would require a new fan, which he said would cost 250 euro, but when I looked in the spares catalog at the Ideal site it seemed a fan would cost about 60-70 pounds, so the cost of installation seemed a little high.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy