Looking for an electrical product: help appreciated

I'm sure I've come across a surface-mounted channel system into which mains sockets can be inserted at any point, with blanking plates filling in the intermediate spaces; the wiring was built in to the strip itself. But I've searched in places like Screwfix and TLC (and office suppliers - I think it was an office rather than an industrial product) without success.
I tried Googling for "power strip" but that seems to be the new name for what I would call a multi-socket extension - when did that happen? The product I'm thinking of comes in much longer lengths, to be run across the entire width of a room.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Many thanks.
Bert

http://www.mainlinepower.co.uk /
Cheers
--
Adam

I dread to think what that costs.
Wasn't Bert talking about surface mount trunking (sorry if that's the wrong term) that sockets, etc, can be mounted in. The wiring runs inside the trunking. I've seen this in labs, computer rooms, etc., and always fancied installing it in my garage.
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 5th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3177
Celebrate Zaraday

Crap photo, but this sort of thing;
http://ib-electrical.co.uk/pictures/lister-hospital-02.jpg
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 5th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3177
Celebrate Zaraday

Dado Trunking?
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Trunking_Pvc_Index/Dado_Trunking_SLC/index.html
--
Adam

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Trunking_Pvc_Index/Dado_Trunking/index.html
--
*Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it *

Dave Plowman wrote:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Trunking_Pvc_Index/Dado_Trunking/index.html
Aha! That's very close indeed to my memory, and may well be the exact system. Thanks.
Bert
Huge wrote:

The system I was remembering had elements of that, and of the one Adam linked to (I don't recall the moveable-sockets facility in the one I saw). I suppose there could be several variants available commercially.
Thanks for the reply, and the picture.
Bert
ARWadsworth wrote:

Excellent, thanks.
Bert

As Hugh says, not cheap
http://www.alertelectrical.com/cat/474/mainline-power-distribution-system
--
Adam

ARWadsworth wrote:

No indeed. I've just come back from a search for the prices myself. I'll investigate the TLC systems.
Bert
On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:45:40 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

No switches on the sockets - I prefer DP switches when adding/changing sockets.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

I don't have the TLC catalogue to hand, but they stock 2 brands/3 styles - one of which was on discount.

Frighteningly expensive stuff. It's possibly useful of you need an easily reconfigurable office space, but otherwise just pull cable. Even the trunking where the sockets fit onto the trunking is expensive, compared to the cost of basic boxes and conduit.
Andy Dingley wrote:

Yes, I think I've decided that simple trunking and standard surface boxes is the best way to go. Thanks to you and everyone else for the thoughts and advice.
Bert