looking for an electric water pump ...

Can anyone suggest a source for a low-cost electric pump that I can use to pump water out of a child's paddling pool? Ironicly, my local B&Q had exactly what I need last weekend, which I (foolishly, in retrospect) didn't buy on the spot. Today, of course, not only do they not have it, but deny that they ever did :-( Admittedly, I can see anything similar on the

website.

Julian

Reply to
Julian Fowler

What type of paddling pool is it Julian. Does it hold more than five or six buckets full of water ? Is it to heavy without the kids in it to carry or drag across the lawn to where you want to empty it ? Can't it just be deflated or folded to let the water out, great for watering the garden when sun's been out, also saves on the charges in some places, or even take a length of garden hose and siphon the water out to where you want to empty it.

The only time I'd use a pump in kids paddling pool is if I'd turned it into water feature with a fountain in the middle.

Reply to
BigWallop

Somewhat - its about 8ft across and 2ft deep. Maybe "padding pool" gives the wrong impression :-)

Problem is that the place where we put the pool isn't where we'd want to reuse the water. The idea is that we should be able (either when changing the water in the pool, or emptying it completely) to transfer the contents to one of a number of water butts from which it can be reused for garden watering. Siphoning is probably impractical as the ground where the water butts are is higher than the pool :-(

Julian

Reply to
Julian Fowler

CPC do a little submersible ('hippo' type) for about £30

-- John Stumbles

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

-+

Reply to
John Stumbles

Small bilge pump for a boat? eg:-

Reply to
Peter Parry

In message , Julian Fowler writes

I think CPC do a sump pump for about 30-40 quid

Reply to
geoff

Makro cash & carry will be selling an Einhall 7000l/h submersible pump with a float switch for £20 + vat from 9/7. They have sold these pumps and Einhell drills in the past so I assume they work

PK

Reply to
Peter K

The drill powered "zenpump" from Axminster £5.50, just add hose. (plus brick to lay on top of drill)

Toby.

Reply to
Toby

I have a drill-pump, but am always worried that the drops leaking from the pump will splash onto the drill and .... you've guessed it... don't use a drill (or anything else) outside without an ELCB in the circuit...

Reply to
Abdullah Eyles

Hi

Drills arent rated for continuous running, I would have thought if you used a drill pump for long the drill would fry - but I havent actually tried it. So if youve got a lowly old drill somewhere that'd be the one to use.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton