Looking for a versatile ladder

While searching the web for a suitable ladder for the home, I came across the "little giant ladder". Is this a good all round ladder for the DIYer? Is it worth it? I know its available in the UK, but does anybody know of outlets in Ireland?

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Michael Dunphy

No idea! Why not post the link to where you found it, so we can have a look at it? David

Reply to
Lobster

Heres the link,

Michael Dunphy

This one look as if it's made of aluminium - so it's probably ok.

I have a similar one - called an SML Combi-Ladder - on which every rung can act as a hinge, or can be locked straight. It is certainly versatile in terms of possible configurations. The downside is that it's made of steel - and it weighs a ton (well, not literally) - so its weight severely limits its usefulness.

Before buying anything, I would strongly recommend that you try carrying it yourself, and putting it through its paces - rather than just watching someone else demonstrate it, as I did!

Reply to
Set Square