Looking for a supplier of Formica or similar material

Can anyone tell me of a supplier of Formica - or similar durable laminate material?

I need the laminate itself - not a worktop - as I need to stick it over an existing countertop. The finish I'm looking for is a light maple or birch - but none of the DIY sheds seem to stock this sort of sheet material any more.

Any help would be gratefully received...

Nigel Lord

Reply to
Nige

Try a "proper" timber merchants that does sheet materials- they may have to order in the colour but will propably be able to get it for you.

(If you are in Kent, Quick Timber in Gillingham).

Last time I bought it, an 8x4 sheet was about £30.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

I emailed Formica's customer service (found address on their website) and they sent back a list of distributors. I rang my local one and then went and picked up exactly what I needed. It was a warehouse, but they happily sold direct to me for cash. I'd send the list, but I can't find it.

R.

Reply to
Richard A Downing