Looking for a 400mm long radiator with connections towards floor.

Hi, I'm going to change the existing radiator in the bedroom. There is a 450mm gap between a corner and a cupboard, I'd like to stick the radiator in this small corner. Around 0.9 kw output. The last complication is the pipes will need to come in from the bottom for the whole assembly to fit in the corner.

Any radiators, preferably standardish looking to fit the corner?

thanks Roy

Reply to
misterroy

Ther eare a lot of towel rails that are this width and are bottom fed. Would that do?

Robert

Reply to
Robert Laws

Thanks Robert, but I dont think the power output from a towel rail would be enough.

Reply to
misterroy

Roy All manufacturers do radiators approx 400mm in either double or single. They all come with female threads pointing horizontally (unless towel rail), but you just buy a right angled TRV (for one side of rad) and standard right angled valve (for other side) and that will point the pipes vertical towards the floor, you can either position the thermostat either vertically (to take up no space) or horizontally (for ease of access), so there should be no problem with your 450mm gap. Your only option is a modern vertical radiator, but I'm guessing this would look out of place in your home. Calum Sabey (NewArk Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544)

Reply to
calums

Ah Calum, you beauty. Why didn't i think of that. Thanks

Reply to
misterroy

Pitcas Ultraheat Compact 6 are triple panel radiators (which I suspect you'll need to get 0.9 kw output in that size) have a pair of bottom entry entry connectors (in addition to the

4 side entry connectors). I used a few of them when I did my heating (and their Compact 4 range which have just the 4 normal connectors).

The website is terrible, but it's at

the tech specs on it are too incomplete to be useful. They do a leaflet which is more complete, but I don't see it anywhere for download unfortunately. Could give them a call, and ask for a local sockist. If you're anywhere near Dunstable Beds, the following plumbers merchant will order any of the Ultraheat range for pickup next day:

Dunstable Plumbing & Heating Merchants Ltd

137, High St North, Dunstable, Bedfordshire LU6 1JN Tel: 01582 668893
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The 2 valves will add about 100mm to the width - so measure carefully.

Stainless steel towel rads have a lot higher outputs than chrome plated brass; eg

they may will not be aesthetically what you are looking for. Robert

Reply to
robert

Found a copy at home. Figures are at delta 55C (e.g. 75C ave radiator temperature in 20C room): HF 1+half panel 400x900 is 900W DF Double panel 400x600 is 841W DF Double panel 400x700 is 945W TF Triple panel 400x600 is 1163W

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You'll want something like the Ideal Stelrad "Planar" units - which are stocked at Plumb Centre (spit) and have a serious price tag.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Ed Why do you suggest the planar radiator? They are pricey, not traditional in appearance (being flat faced) and are hugely more expensive than standard double radiators. We need to remember that whilst Roy has width restrictions he does not have a height restriction (appart from aesthetics), so he can easily achieve the desired output using a double radiator. Also if spitting at the suggestion of plumv centre then why not suggest grahams or pts... just curious? Calum Sabey (NewArk Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544)

Reply to
calums

This QUinn Barlow rad is under 400mm wide, feeds are vertical and tho' more expensive than a standard rad not over the top for a designer rad.

Alos look at Opus1 for more trad style and higher output

robert

I only suggested the PLanars as I knew for sure they have connections underneath.

Plumb centre charge a lot of many products which other merchants don't.

Reply to
Ed Sirett