"loft" insulation in commercial buildings..

Tad OT but one of our customers has, this summer, moved into the largish two story office building where they occupy the upper floor.

Already the heating bill, electricity!!, yes stupid mistake I know, is costing them the earth.

The have a suspended tile ceiling like most offices and the roof seems to be of some sort of composite board and the space betwixt the roof and suspended ceiling is quite hot.

I can only suppose that its all leaking through the ceiling and there being no isolation....

However I've never seen insulation in offices like this . Is it the done thing.. Or seemingly not?...

cheers

Reply to
tony sayer

Our office block at work is a single storey building with a suspended ceiling and has loft insulation fitted

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

tony sayer said the following on 25/11/2005 14:03:

Obviously, mineral fibre drop-in ceiling tiles are (by their nature) insulating (thermal and acoustic). I have occasionally come across suspended ceilings being further insulated with loft insualtion resting on top of drop-in tiles, but this is not the norm.

If your customer chooses to install loft installation resting on the suspended ceiling, they would be well advised to get a reputable ceiling contractor in, as additional support wires to the grid may be required to cope with the weight of the insulation.

Reply to
Rumble

I've seen it done, using GF rolls. If I was doing it, I think I'd go for blown GF.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit