Loft insulation

I had a new boiler fitted earlier this year, and whilst he was in there, my installer mentioned I should top up my loft insulation. I currently have about 50mm running between the rafters, and then the previous owner has boarded over the top of that.

My question is - do I lay the new 200mm insulation over the boards - or should I rip the boards up and put it directly on the "old" insulation?

Regards,

Ian

Reply to
Ian Waddell