Lights fuse

"Hands On" wrote

> | The socket over the lights "is" stadard. It was put in 3 years ago. > | This is a new house. Even houses just built have them. > > So what. Having a BS1363 13A socket on a 6A lighting circuit i > *wrong*. > > Owain

It has a 3 amp fuse

-- Hands On

Reply to
Hands On

It doesn't contravene the regs I am told. They were passed by th building inspector. Thanks for the advice anyhow

-- Hands On

Reply to
Hands On

No you tit. The socket doesn't have a fuse in it. You _may_ know that it's on the lighting circuit, but in 10 years who will be living in the house?

Have the damned thing changed to a 5A socket (or another _appropriate_ socket). Don't do it yourself, you don't have a clue!

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

Oh joy. And such "Building Inspectors" are going to issue Part Taking-The-Pee sistificates now, are they? I can't wait...

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:24:52 +0000, Stefek Zaba strung together this:

Novel. Have you decide to leave it alone yet?

Well, they know more than you or I by all accounts. Think I'll leave them to get on with it.

(Is it just me that has diybanter in the killfile then)?

Reply to
Lurch