HRM Boiler

Has anyone any experience with the HRM 20/24 oil-fired boiler?I am no

convinced mine is working efficiently as it seems unable to reach th supposed CH system design temp.It is heating a four bedroomed hous with 11 radiators of varying size.The plumber who fitted it also, as found out later,reversed the original water flow through the rads.a the pump was replaced and re-sited.Is this detrimental and have an adverse effect on the system as a whole

-- bodger

Reply to
bodger

I can't say I'm too knowledgeable about this, but I thought that radiator lockvalves and TRV's had arrows on them to indicate the direction of flow??? From that point of view I would suspect it does matter: does anyone out there know if I'm right, and if so why?

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Some TRVs do, and some don't. If you fit one which is flow sensitive the wrong way round it may still work ok but be noisy.

Lockshield valves don't usually have a flow direction marked on them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)