Lighting Controller

I'm after something does the following automatically: fades different lights in and out at a predetermined time intervals. Any ideas?

Reply to
Pablo

Maplin does, or did do, a thing called a light speller which does what you're after. It's just a black box with the electronics in it and a the connections along one edge. You control the lighting by twisting a knob on the top of the box. Ideal for a job I done in a friends shop window to advertise the wares inside. Still working after 8 years of never being off except for the minute or two it takes to change lamps every so often.

A search for light speller on the web will likely bring up more hits for you to look at.

Reply to
BigWallop

I think you're effectively talking about X10-style controls. They can be operated from a PC or using radio frequency control units.

A very good shop selling them in the UK, and which I've been in touch with on a professional level, is

This site should provide a good guide to the technolgy which principally works via your ring-main.

None of this is particulary cheap but why do you want to do? Romantic effect or home security?

Reply to
Nathan Thompson

For light therapy in a treatment room. The different shades of light are supposed to affect your mood.

Reply to
Pablo

Some kind of cheap DMX controller with a nice DMX lamp, or a DMX dimmer box connected to several lamps? Try Maplins or CPC for some ideas. Not dreadfully cheap...

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove