Light Sensitive Pendant Fitting

(Apologies if this is a bit O/T)

I'm looking for a light fitting or bulb that's light sensitive to turn pendant lights on & off when I'm on holiday. I'd like to be able to chose the number of hours it's on for (I just want it on during the evening - not dawn to dusk) and it might be useful if I could adjust the sensitivity.

Homebase do exactly what I'm looking for (it looks like this:

but they keep breaking & seem to be oversensitive - they turn on when a cloud passes over in the middle of the day.

I've tried Maplins, B&Q, Screwfix & my local electrical shop for something similar - but no joy. Any suggestions?

Michael

Reply to
michaeld121

no timer facility, you could add a separate timer :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

We've got a couple of exactly the type you've pictured and found them to be perfect - the 'random' feature is particularly useful whilst away.

I wouldn't worry too much about them coming on when a cloud passes over

- remember it's simply measuring the amount of ambient light hence if it considers it dark enough then it'll switch the light on.... just like you would if it went a little dark during the day due to cloud cover.

As you only want it on during the evening then the random function won't be of use (it operates throughout all periods of darkness) however the timer function should still suffice.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Are yours the Homebase ones? I noticed some on the web that are nearly =A320 - whereas the Homebase ones are under a tenner (IIRC). They looked exactly the same, but I'm wondering if the Homebase ones are a cheap imitation.

michaeld121

Ive used the argos one, which would be the same as homebase, and it appears to work okay. It does seem to be a little sensitive but has been working for ages.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

They are identical to the ones you pictured, but bought from Maplin for =A310.99 (code L93AG).

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton