Lifting paving slabs - special tool?

I love this quote from the thread:

"Assuming just 1psi (2' head, easily achieved with my VAX) over a 2'x2' slab, the suction will be of the order of 500lb. enough to easily raise the heaviest slab."

One atmosphere is 14 psi, and I guess a vacuum cleaner can manage a

1/14th of an atmosphere?

The difficulty would be getting a decent seal.

Reply to
GB

And don't blab about your device till you patent it either!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa