Lifetime of a fridge freezer?

wrote

Bloody hell you are thick! I used to repair them. Here you are, I don't like sending links but even you just might understand this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-defrost

wrote

We'll see...

But are so stupid that you didn’t even noticed how the best of the frost free fridges work.
You're so stupid that you haven't even noticed that conventional fridges need manual defrosting either.
wrote

I know how they work, you don't.

They don't, stupid.

wrote

You clearly don’t when you don’t even realise that conventional fridges need to be defrosted.
Presumably that's why you got the bums rush.

Presumably that's why you got the bums rush.
wrote

Wrong as always.

I was self employed and moved on in life. As you have never had a job you would not understand this.

On Saturday, 11 April 2015 20:06:50 UTC+1, Mr Pounder wrote:

you're learning
On 11/04/15 15:11, Mr Pounder wrote:

every one Ive had in te ;last 650 years has needed defrosting

wrote

With an ice making compartment of course they do.

On 11/04/2015 18:34, Mr Pounder wrote:

As indeed do most conventional fridges.
wrote

I do not like the easy way out of sending links, but this should clarify. If a fridge without an ice making compartment has a build up of ice on the back plate, the appliance has a problem.
Auto Defrost This term relates to the fridge only. Condensation that forms on the back wall of your fridge can turn to ice and affect both the preservation of your foods and the running of the appliance. The auto defrost function works by heating the cooling element for a short period of time, melting any frost that has formed. This is then drained through a collecting duct located at the back of the unit. This is an extremely common function and should be found on all fridges. http://ao.com/advice/fridge-freezers/buying-guide/what-is-the-difference-between-auto-defrost-and-frost-free-with-regard-to-a-fridge-freezer.aspx

Blimey, I didn't know you were _that_ old ;P
Andy
Frost free or normal? Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active