Lidl washers set

I bought a pack of 383 assorted fibre and "rubber" washers and O-rings from Lidl as future spares. Noticed later that they are not to be used "in foo d and drinking water pipes". Does anyone know if this is a valid restricti on, or are they just covering their backs?

CRB

Reply to
CRB

How strange. I'd have thought that rather restricted their usefulness. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

A while ago I bought a spring washer set from Aldidl. They only worked once - there was no springiness in them and compressed permanently when used.

Also at some point bought a pack of Bulldog clips. Same problem - instead of closing tightly when released there was a gap of 4 to 10mm after one use.

Clearly made from wrong grade of steel.

GrahamC

Reply to
Graham C

BSA Motorcycles were afflicted by the same problem.

Reply to
Johnny B Good