Lidl washers set

I bought a pack of 383 assorted fibre and "rubber" washers and O-rings from Lidl as future spares. Noticed later that they are not to be used "in foo d and drinking water pipes". Does anyone know if this is a valid restricti on, or are they just covering their backs?
CRB
How strange. I'd have thought that rather restricted their usefulness. Brian
--
----- -
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 01:35:49 -0800 (PST), CRB

A while ago I bought a spring washer set from Aldidl. They only worked once - there was no springiness in them and compressed permanently when used.
Also at some point bought a pack of Bulldog clips. Same problem - instead of closing tightly when released there was a gap of 4 to 10mm after one use.
Clearly made from wrong grade of steel.
GrahamC
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 20:43:56 +0000, Graham C wrote:

BSA Motorcycles were afflicted by the same problem.
--
Johnny B Good