Levelling with Mini Digger

I have used a mini-digger to dig footings etc but never to level ground.

If I cannot move the digger (limited access) and hence can't use the dozer blade, is there a way to use the arm/bucket for levelling? My concern is that soil drawn towards the digger with the bucket will not be level due to the arc transcribed by the arm.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks, Jon...

Reply to
jon

If it's such a small area why not use a shovel?

Reply to
Rob Morley

It takes a bit of coordination, but they are quite cunning. If I recall correctly from about 15 years ago, when you pull (or push) both levers at 45 degrees the bucket mouth more or less follows a straight line because 3? 4? cylinders are moving at the same time. I'm sure someone else will explain better.

Reply to
Newshound

It can be done, but takes some degree of skill

As the arm moves forward is swings an arc, you need to lift and lower the piviot of point (the elbow) by using the sholder joint.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Nowdays you use 2 joysticks to controll the movment, using small subtle movments of the joysticks. 45 degrees would snap them off.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Thanks for the response Rick, I had a feeling that was probably the case with mini diggers at least :-(

Regards, Jon

Reply to
jon

I hope this is still the case as it sounds much easier than I was expecting...

Reply to
jon