Mini-digger Hire

Hi

Can anyone give me an approx. idea of how much to hire a mini-digger for a weekend, incl delivery & collection ? Smallest standard model will suffice, in the York/Harrogate area.

Are they straightforward to use ? I need to reposition a gravel driveway and also dig a soakaway. Fortunately, both jobs are well back from the house so there's no chance of hitting anything !

TIA.

Reply to
pyramids.of.mars

Yes, lots of people can give you an approx. idea, including:

?searchtype=5&typeid=797
and R Plant Hire Ltd., Clint Bank, Burnt Yates, Harrogate HG3 3DW (01423 770731) Harper Haulage, Brackenwood Crag Back Rd, High Birstwith, Harrogate, HG3 2JH. (01423 771480)

as well as any other firms you can find in the Yellow Pages, or by a simple Google search for "Harrogate mini-digger hire". Not difficult.

Yes.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Cheapest place in harrogate is the hire shop at the end of Camwall Road next door to the Motorbike shop. Hired from them a while ago gave me loads of advice recomended.

darren

Reply to
darren

You may like to cast your eye over and learn from my stupidity:-)

Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey

After a while with a digger you start getting cocky and trying all kinds of stunts that make you think you should be on TV in one of those digger display teams :-)

You *might* have been able to make the digger right itself if you weren't too worried about damage to the engine.

Reply to
adder1969

And yet these mini-diggers are capable of trancending quite steep inclines - providing the cab is locked ahead and you use the jib to steady. My back garden slopes over 3m in 17m in two terraces, and yet I got the digger from the rear lane where it was delivered all the way down to the house. Go down forwards using the arm fully extended to prevent tipping, come back up backwards doing the same....

(=A3150 for the weeeknd inc delivery and fuel from Brandon Hire).

Phil.

Reply to
Phil

PMC Hire - I paid them a visit this morning - very helpful, booked an excavator for next weeked and they chucked in Friday afternoon free :) much cheaper than HSS. Well pleased.

Shows you the value of posting on here in addition to a routine Google query - recomendations are invaluable.

cheers Darren.

Reply to
pyramids.of.mars

Go on then ... how much?

Reply to
Phil

189.95 along with a vibrating plate, fuel, delivery, VAT. deliver 14:30 Friday, collect Monday.
Reply to
pyramids.of.mars