Level or looking level?

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

I spent ages getting the track for the sliding cupboard doors in our bedroom just right. Fitted the doors, left them neatly closed and went downstairs.

Came back up - doors open. Odd. Shut them again and went to do something else.

Came back - doors open.

Checked level - yup, still level. Checked top runner to make sure there wasn't some odd slanting push making them open - dead level.

Went downstairs to get a cup of coffee, came back up - doors open again. Sat on the edge of the bed with the coffee to watch the doors. After about five minutes one of the cats shouldered the door out of the way and went to settle down in the back of the cupboard - which happens to back onto the airing cupboard and is slightly warm. Little bugger, I could have throttled it.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Dave Fawthrop contains these words:

Set it at a jaunty angle to make it look deliberate.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

What - you push the fur aside with the end of the spirit level?

Reply to
Guy King

That would be one *hell* of a skim coat over the plasterboard!

Reply to
John Rumm

It should have a word with my dog about crossing the master.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They were built by MC Escher & Co, general builders.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

:-)