LED torches

Has anyone had any use of either of the LED torches currently on sale at Tesco? One costs about just less than a fiver and the other is around the 12 pound mark. I quite fancy one to keep in my pocket when doing DIY in a dark corner etc.

TIA

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hand torches take up the use of a hand...wear a headband led torch. :-)

Make sense?

Reply to
George

You should be able to get a better price than that -- 99p + =A32.85 all the way from Hong Kong on eBay. Try a pound shop.

No. I haven't tried one, but I feel one coming on since it seems to be impossible to get replacement bulbs for traditional torches locally. Why do they sell torches but not bulbs??

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

You should be able to get a better price than that -- 99p + £2.85 all the way from Hong Kong on eBay. Try a pound shop.

No. I haven't tried one, but I feel one coming on since it seems to be impossible to get replacement bulbs for traditional torches locally. Why do they sell torches but not bulbs??

Chris

We use them and are pleased with them. We bought them from Aldi or Lidl - one is on a flexible arm so very useful for inaccessible places, others are key-fob sized and useful for ... well, all sorts of things :-)

Especially for looking for things on the bedroom floor when I don't want to distrub him by turning on the light and have dropped something.

They cost far less than what Dave said. Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

LED torches are billiant - in more ways than one :-) Especially for plumbing - the slightest droplet of water glows making leaks easy to spot.

are super dooper!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I've bought several from

who I highly recommend (after they were recommended on here I think).

They do have a slightly odd facination for wierd lighters but their torches are great.

I've usually got one (or two!) of

my keys and I've got
all about the place (in my desk, in the kitchen, in the car etc etc).

For the price I've been well impressed - delivery isn't the fastest however (but then it is included in the price and comes from hong kong...)

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Here's a tip - if you don't need them in a hurry, you can get the same ones with cheaper delivery here:

Grunff

No. Because I do lots of DIY things that can be done with one hand, like plugging up the backs of computers etc :-)

Most times, I can't get my head far enough round the backs of electronic devices.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I am looking for something that takes AA batteries, so it will fit in a small pocket for use at any time. The ones in the link look as if they take C or D types.

The garage that services my cars uses mains powered ones and the do a terrific job, but I can't always be close to 240 Volts :-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

on my keys and I've got
scattered all about the place (in my desk, in the kitchen, in the car etc etc).

Nice site, but it does not sell what I am after. I am looking for a dual AA battery one.

I see that they also sell a 4 inch Pocket Massager, though quite why I would want to massage a 4 inch Pocket, I have no idea. :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

These ones take AAAs:

Grunff

Bit more expensive, but you can get a LED adaptor kit for an AA Maglite.

Reply to
Bob Eager

AAs at twice the capacity.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

AAA rechargeables are good though - you get the benefit of small size.

Reply to
OG

AA battery one which seems to be immortal in the three I have. Well made and good performance. I bought them from the manufacturer at about half this price, if I can remember who it was I'll let you know!

Reply to
Peter Parry

(can't book mark it)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I am awash with rechargeable AAA's and AA's :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Dave ( snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If you can't get your head round there, then a torch won't make any difference, because you can't see what you're doing anyway...

Unless, of course, your eyes are in your hands?

Reply to
Adrian

A headtorch is very useful for DIY I use ours all the time - and you can always just hold it in your hand when required.

Reply to
chris French

hey can u beat the price of LED torches here in INDIA 0.4 $ ....hahah .. if u have rechargaeable nevr charge direct mains ... if high volt spikes come it may damage the torch BATT.... because tiny torches have capacitive chargers ...inside

Reply to
cozz in or out