LED lamps turning off and on independently

Mine all got tired and dim.

Ive got a boxful of them in case there is ever a need for them But they are in general pants compared with LEDs

And LEDs are failing after 1-2 years too. And the dimmable ones flicker on the dimmers.

But the technology seems to be improving...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No but the original poster contradicted him/herself on this one. I have seen plug in bulbs that themselves have a plug in part for low or high voltage use. I have one in my sitting room. Also if its getting warm even sockets can go intermittent. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Ah yes, capacitors, the rather misleadingly called lossless dropper. I had one on an old rechargeable torch. Went out one day to come back to a melted torch and a room full of foul smelling smoke. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

they are used as that

maybe wrong type of cap fitted.

Reply to
Animal

Anyone with CFLs now should dispose and buy new LEDs, total cost per light output will be a good bit less. AFAIK there is no good use for CFLs left. Other than lighting one with EHT as a demo perhaps.

Reply to
Animal

The Natural Philosopher snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid wrote

Me too.

I only used one for the bed light and from memory only lost the one.

I got them all for free, handouts by the electricity supplier.

I won't ever need them, should toss the lot.

Yeah, never liked them. I did like the slow fade up for the bed head light since I always get up in the dark even in summer and have programmed my Hues in the bedroom to do that now.

Never had any of the Hues fail and I have them everywhere now.

The Hues never fail and I do use them dimmed a bit at the main chair I spend most of my time in, particularly in the summer evening for some reason. Never get any flicker at all and don't use any physical dimmers at all, the Hues are all electronically dimmable.

Not cheap but Amazon does periodic specials and I really don't care about the price, I will never spend my vast accumulated wealth before I cark it so buy any tech which makes life more convenient. All my lights are movement sensor controlled, no physical switches ever used now.

Just an ocassional voice override using Alexa, particularly with the kitchen lights which have the movement sensor looking at the bright southern side of the house with the kitchen on the north side of the massive great open plan room so it decides that it isnt dark enough to need to be on at times in the summer when doing dinner.

Vastly so with the Hues.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You didn't get them for free. There was a green stealth tax on your utility bill. You paid over the odds for those light bulbs.

Reply to
alan_m

alan_m snipped-for-privacy@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote

No there wasnt. It was in fact the cheapest energy supplier in the state at that time.

Nope.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Do you really believe if something says free it is truly so and not that the cost has been included in the price of the item or utility that you have purchased?

Reply to
alan_m

Like the holiday ads that say "free air travel" in an inclusive holiday?

Reply to
charles

Do you doubt his stupidity? He also thinks one brand of LEDs never fail.

Reply to
Animal

alan_m snipped-for-privacy@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote

I know that they chose to hand out those bulbs so that they wouldnt have to spend on enhancing the network delivery capacity and cost them much more to do that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Nothing like given that the free bulbs avoided the electricity supplier having to spend much more enhancing the distribution system.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I never said that, I JUST said that none of mine HAVE failed in 7 years now.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Rod Speed snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Note that I am not saying that that approach made sense, JUST that I actually did get the bulbs for free.

Reply to
Rod Speed

so yes, he is that stupid

Reply to
Animal

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag, gutless.

Reply to
Rod Speed

we don't need to

Reply to
Animal

You clearly do given that those free bulbs were instead of improving the distribution system which would have cost more, gutless.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The bulbs may have been the lower cost option but they were not free.

Reply to
alan_m