Leaky tap

Anyone familiar with this type of tap ?

and if so how do I cure the leak ?

Reply to
fred

Whoops

Should have searched Youtube first

fred

Although even Ultimate Handyman notes that finding a replacement cartridge can be a nightmare. As with any plumbing getting parts to match up and fit each other is half the problem, the other half being undoing seized up threaded things in difficult locations, ... so Tim's Tip:

1 enjoy choosing whole new tap 2 at some convenient time remove old tap and fit new 3 recycle old one responsibly.

Thus avoiding lengthy and anxious trip to town leaving water turned off, Mrs W wanting to use the sink, tools all over the floor, 5:00 pm approaching and no certainty of success.

TW

Reply to
TimW

Yes SWMBO had already decided to get a new tap but I am not going to fit it. Its a nightmare underthere with various tails, connections to wast disposal and dishwasher etc. She'll have to wait till the virus is gone

Reply to
fred

I thought the video was quite good as I have a similar tap. The tap is very poor as it is very difficult to let in just a small flow of water so I would quite like to replace it.

Reply to
Michael Chare