lead soldering

I have a job to do soldering with soft solder an art work made of copper and brass sheet.

The piece is quite big, 4'+ and 3 dimensional. I want to avoid distortion and discolouration as much as poss.

I anticipate hazards here and would like assistance from somewhere.

Is this the group to go for?

Reply to
Howard

hi there, brass and copper will solder easily, going by the size of the pieces of material that you are using this is best done using a gas heated iron (the type that is placed in a gas flame to heat it, not the gas refillable ones) this will make a neat and more controled job.also it is common to use a small blowlamp. electric irons are useless in this application. the solder type to use is tinmans solder and the best flux to use is 'Bakers fluid' do not use rosin cored electrical solder. loads of info on the web regarding method etc regards bob

Reply to
burbeck