Lath and Plaster

I am fitting out a bathroom and have tiled ready for fitting a shower cubicle (800mm quadrant). One wall is lath and plaster and I am a bit concerned about the fixing of the shower screen.

Sods law will dictate that there isn't a batten in the right place and I am considering opening up the other side of the wall to introduce some local reinforcement.

Any ideas - or will such a proportion of the load be carried by the tray that the side fixings are not too critical?

Reply to
John

Puuting a nofggin in is the best practice, but I have found that attaching to tiles over e.g. plasterboard is more than strong enough, especially after its all sealed up with silicone..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher