lateral thinking required on re-siting loo

Help!

I'm wanting to rejig the back of r rouse, and there's a toilet I want to keep on the ground floor. The main problem is that the toilet currently is hooked directly into a hole in the floor which evidently goes to a drain that hooks up with the sewer, as opposed to disappearing through the wall into a soil pipe.

The big nuisance is that this hole in the floor in about 12inches from the back wall, which means the whole toilet is much further into the small floorspace than would otherwise be the case, which leaves no room for putting a small handbasin in, other than squeezing it right into a corner, which would make manouevering to sit on the toilet awkard.

I spose some digging up of the floor etc could relocate the plumbing, but I was wondering if there is something I hadn't thought of that could get around this.

Things like as there's a high level cistern, a sink could be put in where the normal level cistern is, and it could somehow swing out for people to wash their hands after sitting on t'karzi. Or a toilet bowl that somehow has the s-bend out the front of the toilet, so that the main toilet could push further back against the wall.

Mozzer

Reply to
Maurice W

I think the traditional French pan has a hole in the centre rather than towards the back, and it's supposed to be so much healthier squatting.

Reply to
John Stumbles

If it's floorboards it probably isn't too difficult to rejiggle the pipe, but if it's concrete unless you want to make a lot of work for yourself I'd suggest a small platform for the WC to sit on, so you can have a short length of (almost) horizontal pipe below the false floor.

Might be less disruption to take the outlet of the WC through the wall and dig into the sewer outside.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Have you the room the move it sideways and back and then use a combination of multiquicks in series to connect to the hole in the floor? i.e. move it 'laterally'!! Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

U.S pans have the oulet underneath the pan and sit on a vertical soi pipe with a wax sealing ring, now where to get an American toilet

-- Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

I wonder if you can fit one in the overhead luggage rack? ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Wouldn't it be a bit uncomfortable using it up there?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Plenty of UK pans go 'straight down'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In Japan I believe a combination low level cistern & sink is a standard item.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

UK lavatory pans come in two types - 'S' trap and 'P' trap (ho ho ho), the former having a vertical exit, the latter a horizontal one. You just need to specify the right kind when ordering them.

Reply to
Huge