last night's Grand Designs

"in2minds" wrote | maybe they do love the place but will they recoup their | investment, especially considering the surroundings, not | exactly picturesque ?

I think I recognised some of the flats behind the house, and they go for about a quarter of a million.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And they'd better be careful with the family planning

Reply to
G&M

One thing you can count on especially with digital sets is repeats of theis stuff. Check the C4 website.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

In article , Harvey Van Sickle writes

I just hope his insurers weren't watching that bit about the climbing wall, people dropping from a height held by ropes attached to what was basically a giant Meccano set.

J.

Reply to
John Rouse

I rather think that the difference in the outlook and hands on experience shown in the best and worst of these designs is the difference between paper-pushers and people who get a real live slap when they make a mistake.

I wonder why they removed the walls and etc., from the ground up, leaving the upper structure more and more difficult, dangerous and capapble of damaging the envelope as it was demolished?

Fair play to the previous failures though, even the crap house of the century had a goer for a designer. I'd give him ten out of ten for being there. The cutting edge can do a lot of damage and is by nature difficult to handle. I am pleased to be one of the race that is famous for producing all of these types.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Another thing you can count on with C4 house programs is a "Revisited" version recycling 90% of the program with a couple of new minutes on the end.

Reply to
G&M

Indeed, I was surprised that they could buy even a derelict shell for 30k in Leith.

Juliette

Reply to
Juliette