Laser

Yes that's true, these things arenlt; really meant as a saw substitute I doubt any DIY would have much use for one. In the future perhaps when they get smaller.

I did have this vision of yuo straping one to yuor body like Arnie did in Preditor and going out cutting the grass with the laser like it was a leaf blower.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I was thinking it would be easier to cut things in awkward places with a laser. Saws are usually pretty shit in corners.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 14:19:34 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrot e:

rote:

I doubt any DIY would have much use for one. In the future perhaps when the y get smaller.

in Preditor and going out cutting the grass with the laser like it was a le af blower.

laser. Saws are usually pretty shit in corners.

From what I do know about the current laser cutters is that they need to go into a box like the ones on sale, the laser unit doesn't move it's fixed a nd mirrors direct the laser beam onto the material that needs cutting, alth ough in some of the large ones the 'workbench' moves rather than the laser unit.

Reply to
whisky-dave