Laddersmart

Spotted this

'm all for safety, but this seems like a good way to trash guttering to me.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No worse than the usual method of propping the ladder on the guttering.

Reply to
<me9

Take a look at this page:

seems like it transfers the weight from the front to the back of the guttering, and since there guttering appears to be a different shape to ours and flat againt the fascia, it seems like it would work.

Reply to
mike

One of the reasons I use a ladder stay.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Which is what you have to do 25' up and more...have you noticed they are only demonstrating it on bungalow type roof guttering. :-)

Reply to
George

Yes indeed! The demo begs the question as to how to get the thing up onto a higher gutter to start with! Chicken and egg, and all that!

Reply to
Roger Mills

I would suspect that's because it's an Australian company, and the vast majority of Australian houses are bungalows.

Reply to
Doki

Pointless excercise in posting it in UK d-i-y then ain't it. ;-)

Reply to
George

Player is version 9. Click here to upgrade now."

Um, no thanks.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Worked for me with 9.0r115, I had a few sites moaning about needing to upgrade to 9.0 when I "only" had 9.0r25

Reply to
Andy Burns

Many older houses out there are built on stilts to allow the air to blow underneath for cooling. Whether you call it a bungalow or not is an interesting question - but the gutter is still 20ft up in the air.

Here's one:

even call this design a "Queenslander".

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

The other reason for the design in Queensland is that they are far enough north to be involved with the annual "wet", which is actually the edge of the Asian monsoon. Combined with building on valley bottoms and flood plains means that regular floods are usual - hence the stilts. The shaded space gained is also used for storage and garage space - you just have to move the cars to higher ground when the rains are coming.

Charles F

Reply to
CJF

I've only seen them in Brisbane, which is too far south for the monsoon. The design there is perfect for any of us - you get a house-sized workshop with nice warm breezes blowing through, out of the sun... and it doesn't flood!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ