Knives.

That item is not from Tesco, it's sold by a trading partner.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

En el artículo , Robin escribió:

I think Brexit has to be the new Godwin as far as Usenet is concerned.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , ARW escribió:

Mine's full of blunt knives, does that count? :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

They can sharpen the knives with one of the cordless angle grinders they use to cut through locks on bikes, mopeds, scooters, sheds etc :(

Reply to
Robin

I think you're right. Sorry, I must try to remember never to say never.

Reply to
Robin

If by "that item" you mean the one in TNP's link, yes - but Steve Walker had taken us back to items for sale in a bricks-and-mortar shop.

Reply to
Robin

AS do most builders merchants.

Its not exactly hard to get, but its availability reflects changes in the pattern of usage.

Its no longer a useful thing to start a paraffin stove or lamp with,which is why it was available in any hardware store. It was replaced by solid fuel starters as early as the 60s, and paraffin is almost unused these days as well.

But it is used by woodworkers and craft people as a useful solvent,.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Technically, though, they could use (say) Amazon gift vouchers, bought with cash from a supermarket.

Well, indeed. I never saw the point of these knife anmesties- surely the type of people that hand in knives at one are exactly the sort of people who wouldn't stab someone, and *if* you're the type of person who might stab someone, there's many, many suitable weapons in the average house or toolshed?

Reply to
Chris Bartram
[23 lines snipped]

Precisely.

"Something must be done."

"This is something."

"Therefore we shall do it."

Reply to
Huge

It's sort of the point I was making. These laws seem to be made for law abiding people. And will likely do zero to get to the crux of the problem. You need look no further than making some drugs illegal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The same things that could stop them taking cash out of their mums purse or taking the car for a drive, or getting in the medicine cabinet or putting the cat in the microwave. Thre's a range of options depending on the kid and thier parents.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes I had one of those, burnt myself a few times and first found out what meths tasted like.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I think the knife amnesty is for law abiding people that find knives that have only one purpose, for kids to wave at people. So it does remove some. What percentage I don't know.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Have you seen some of the knives law abiding people have put into these bins. I'm not sure why a law abiding person might have such a knife as standard kitchen and such knives aren't normally a problem if left at home.

These bins are good for those that might not have been law biding in the past but wish to change there ways, the same things happend with guns.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Good to see you actually answering the point rather than being your usual net cop.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I got checked for a pack of six teaspoons in Tesco.

Reply to
dennis

Tesco must 'flag' things by area. You'll get checked for age when buying zero alcohol Beck's Blue too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

En el artículo , dennis@home escribió:

They thought you were a stirrer.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

But schoolkids can buy 0.5% "Top Deck Shandy" or whatever the equivalent is today ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

It soze you can cook your crack, bro'.

Only surprise is they don' take pity on you and give you the name of a local dealer.

michael adams

michael adams