Kitchen sockets

On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 6:44:30 PM UTC, JimK wrote:

Is use of screw connector blocks, soldering & crimping of cables not long enough not bleeding obvious on your planet? If you can see a way to improve a wiki article, you can.
Why are your contributions nearly always time wasting?
NT
/Is use of screw connector blocks, soldering & crimping of cables not long enough not bleeding obvious on your planet? If you can see a way to improve a wiki article, you can.
Why are your contributions nearly always time wasting?
NT/
Oh practice what you preach (& vice versa) ffs Nigel, it's your article & here you are advocating the opposite again.
Presumably you have actually done this job?
& whose time is being wasted?
Jim K
On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 12:19:57 AM UTC, JimK wrote:

...more blather & bs.
On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 08:54:25 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

stick it up your "armchair expert" wiki
Jim K
On 14/01/2015 09:22, JimK wrote:

I take offence on the wiki's behalf ;-)
The electrical sections in particular are the work of a fairly large number of contributors...
--
Cheers,

John.

[22 lines snipped]

*grin*
Spot on.
You're talking to a man who has a standard 3 pin socket in his bathroom, about a metre above the wash basin (it's where the night-light plugs in, so I don't have to put on a light when I go for a wee in the night.) I shall replace it with a blanking plate when we move out.
--
Today is Boomtime, the 12th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3181
I don't have an attitude problem. If you have a problem with my attitude,
On Monday, 12 January 2015 22:36:44 UTC, Huge wrote:

Good idea.
I'd have mine nearer the toilet though :-)
Owain
/Good idea.
I'd have mine nearer the toilet though :-)
Owain/q
I expect he's a sitter ;-)
Jim K

Snag is unless a very short run can be near impossible to add extra cables. Different matter if using proper conduit and proper conduit cable - ie singles.

Who uses that anyway?
--
*24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? *

Everyone who wants their cables to be unsliced when the plasterer's been and gone...

People who wish to cause nail damage cables during an installation.
--
Adam

When we did our old kitchen, we used sockets and lights that fitted at 45deg in the corner between the wall and wall-mount eye-level cupboards. Nice neat walls, piss-easy to wire, and dead easy to use.
http://gb.auroralighting.com/Products/Indoor-Luminaires/Cabinet-Lighting/ Cabinet-Lighting-Accessories.aspx
but others will be available.
I'd most certainly use them again.
On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 3:00:55 PM UTC, Adrian wrote:

Must be messy in use though, leads trailing down from the upper cupboards.
NT
On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 3:19:10 PM UTC, snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

I thought it must but a strain on the cables due to the angle and gravity. Simon.

The ones I have fitted have been fine and never caused me any concern regarding cable strain.
--
Adam

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 07:19:08 -0800, meow2222 wrote:

Lighting/

Not at all. They're just a little higher than wall sockets would be. Down- and-across to the kettle/toaster/etc, instead of just across.

+1
--
Adam

hose

ain

eir suppliers suggests about 70 for a two metre starter kit of track.

atel.pdf

ash

You're using a silly OS that's why.
-- "Hi, It's a great day and I'm out enjoying it right now. I hope you are too. The thought for the day is 'Share the love.'" BEEP. "Um, yeah, hello? This is the VD clinic calling. Your test results are back and you're positive. Stop sharing the love."

No power available there. It's a tiny en-suite, so it doesn't actually matter much where it is.
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 14th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3181
I don't have an attitude problem. If you have a problem with my attitude,

;-)
--
*The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach *