Kitchen Re-furb Questions

Hi all

The next project is likely to be the kitchen so I'll probably be posting 19 to the dozen once that gets under way! Two initial points to get me started:

Some time ago I saw a useful post detailing the order of works for kitchen upgrades - anyone have a link please? Before the Part P bells start ringing, yes I am aware of the implications re: inspection and testing :-(.

What sort of tolerance on floor level can be accommodated across (say) opposing corners of the room? - room dimensions are approx 3.6m x 5m. Most modern base units appear to come with adjustable legs (it's some time since I fitted a kitchen can you tell), so I presume the limit on floor-out-of-level will be aesthetic to do with plinth height?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Once you've taken the cooker and sink out the room ceases to be a kitchen :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Just checked a spare cabinet leg and it has 40mm of thread so there's say

25 - 30 mm of height range. I was caught out through paying no thought to the "finishing touches" and floor levels. Started with "I'm not cutting the kick board so that fixes the leg height in the corner". So kick board 165mm + cabinet 705mm = 870mm to top of the base unit. Great until I come to fit the end panel which surprise surprise was 870 high and there was a 7mm fall in the floor level!

The same lack of tolerance also applied to the end panel of a tall larder unit - end panel 2118 mm = cabinet + 165mm ( but this was at the up hill end)

PeterK

Reply to
PeterK

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:37:46 +0100, "TheScullster" mused:

Only a problem if someone asks. ;)

Even if there is a limit to the adjustment on the legs you can raise the legs by placing something under them. In theory your cabinets have a range of anywhere between their own height exluding any legs at all and up to the ceiling by being packed up with 5' thick offcuts of ply!

As you say, the only limit is the aesthetics of the plinth line, a few mm across the top is unnoticable as you can't see it but you could get deeper plinths if it was that bad.

Reply to
Lurch

"Lurch" wrote

Unfortunately not true in this case! I have had some structural work done in/around the kitchen, so BCO is now aware and I won't get a completion certificate for the works until the paperwork is in place for the electrics :-(.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster