Kitchen Door and Drawer Handles

Have to attach several Kitchen Door handles on a new kitchen (2 on a wall cab, 3 on floor cabs)), and 1 Drawer handle and 1 handle on a door under drawer

Not descided on which handles yet, bow or rod hondles will obviously need two holes, single knob has the benefit of only 1 hole!

B and Q do a Drilling Guide Template, is this overkill, anyone got any recommendations for where the handles should go .... I know this sounds silly but not considered it before I assume single knobs go half way down the door, where as bow or rod handles can go half way down or two thirds up ????

Chris Vowles

We have stainless steel 'bow' handles in our kitchen, I fitted them to the doors myself, the doors were the only things we had made. I did the worktops etc.

Drawer handles we have exactly in the middle. Door handles we just eyed it up, decided the best place for them and then mounted them all at that height. The under worktop doors have the handles nearer the top, the wall cuipboards have the handles quite close to the bottom.

Make sure you put the handles on the correct side (away from the hinges) of the doors, it's *very* easy to do it wrong if you go into 'automatic' drilling holes. I only made one hole in the wrong place but that's one too many really.

I don't think a template is really necessary.

I'd expect knobs to be mounted off centre in much the same way as handles, knobs half way up our doors really wouldn't be in the most convenient place, especially for the wall mounted cupboards.

Reply to
usenet

What the other guy said

Drawer handles in the middle

Floor unit handles near the top, wall unit handles near the bottom. Suggest you go to MFI to see what position they use.

I made a simple rectangular cardboard template which when placed in the corner of the door, had two marks on the edge where I wanted to drill the holes. EG

- ! ! ! ! !--------- - corner of cupboard door here. Dashes mark the spot.

Reply to
Tony Collins

Thanks for your suggestions and tips, went to B and Q this evening and knobs on doors below work tops are indeed at the top third of the door and knobs on doors above worktops are nearer the bottom!

Chris Vowles