Kitchen cabinet height next to hob

Hi,

I am planning a new kitchen and I know that the minimum recommended height of a cabinet directly above a hob (e.g. the extractor fan and cabinet) is

750 mm if a gas hob is fitted.

Does anyone know what the recommended minimum height, above the level of the hob, should be for the wall cabinets either side of the hob? The cabinets I have in mind would leave a gap of 420 mm from the hob level to the bottom of the decor strip running around the bottom of the cabinet (480 mm to the cabinet itself). Is this enough?

Thanks in advance for any advice posted.

Cheers.

Mark Greaves

Reply to
Mark Greaves

The instructions which come with the hob will tell you the minimum clearances. It depends on the hob.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Unless the hob manufacturer say otherwise the width of the 'bridging' unit should equal or exceed the nominal width of the hob. A 'normal' four burner hob is nominally 600mm wide. However a fiver burner unit is wider. The 420mm is typical of the gap from worktop to wall cupboards and poses no problem proved the hob is not under any part of wall cupboards.

Reply to
Ed Sirett