Kill file stopped working

I use Eternal September for which I have a killfile. This has worked fine for a while but it's stopped working. I haven't altered anything so I'm a bit baffled. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you fix it? Help!

Reply to
G r o g

I use ES but my message filter is done in my news & mail programme Seamonkey without any interaction with ES. It appears to be working unless the spammers have gone quiet. I'd expect your problem is more to do with your newsreader than ES.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Um, your news provider is irrelevant, it's your newsreader at fault.

At present though we have a lot of nym-shifting c*nts who will need new rules on an almost daily basis if you want to block them.

Tim

--

Reply to
Tim+

Me too, I put Rodney in my killfile but he's still alive. Oh well.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Might help if yu told us what software you are using to collect mail and on what conditions it is scanning the list? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I have to add people from time to time, but if its just the odd post I do not bother. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Chuckle. Actually some of the oddball posts are quite amusing, but the really rude people I killfile. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I should have mentioned that, you're right. I'm using Thunderbird v

60.3.3 I think it's supposed to be automatic scanning but there is a facility to run the filters manually. I have tried this but to no effect.
Reply to
G r o g