Keys in both sides of a lock?

Relatively safe if it is nowhere the lock and you do not continually access it in view of anyone

Reply to
FMurtz

Of course. But that's the same for everyone. It's a pick-resistant lock (BS 3621) and a solid door.

I never said it would. Usually it's because the key has been left inside the house by the family member concerned.

If it's lost, I'd have the lock changed within half an hour. I keep a spare cylinder and keys.

As I pointed out before, it has 2FA. You need both secrets, and only one is on the phone.

But elsewhere you said you didn't....

Reply to
Bob Eager

I would have done that, but there is nowhere that isn't on view near our door.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Until someone makes a mobile phone which can handle rain and being dropped on concrete, they're unfit for purpose. Mine lives inside my house.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

My method is easier. An RFID tag on my wrist. I can't lose that.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Maybe if you didn't use rare acronyms he would. I only know what it is because one website I use has it.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Or you could have battery backup.

That's three.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Why not?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

and have never used that button. Why would I wish to prevent someone (pro bably myself) with a valid key from unlocking the door?

t would be the point of them doing that unles sit was the fire brigade or a medical emergancy.

ght for years I thought most people locked themselves in.

extra steps to prevent someone with a valid key from unlocking it?

tain doors without needing to drill out the locks.

I can get into every electrical riser cupboard in the colleg using my power riser key which is the same for everyone. These padlocks and keys were hanout out to everyone with a room with such a riser when they found out someone was climbing up the risers and breaking into offices, so everyone had to lock their riser cupboard. But security an d everyone else said they should be accessable to anyone in the building th at might need acess to them, so we brought 1000s of same keyed padlocks whi ch we've had for about 7 years now without any problems.

Reply to
whisky-dave