Key operated outside water tap

You been smoking then weeds?

Reply to
Jim K..

(Weeds)

Reply to
Jim K..

My local hall has an outside tap. To avoid massive water bills through the local miscreants turning it and leaving it running all night/weekend we have taken to turning off a valve inside the building. This year we have planted a collection of wildflowers and others which until they are established need watering. The cleaning lady is happy to do the watering but she isn't very tall and can't reach the inside shut off valve. I'm thinking if the outside tap was operated by a key (Yale type) it would simplify the task. The only key operated valves Google seems to be able to find are simple, square/triangle lockshield types. Does anyone know if what I'm seeking is available?

Reply to
Cynic

Put the outside tap in a metal safe with a key..

The Natural Philosopher

Just to ask the bleeding obvious, the inside valve can't be moved/ add a second valve lower down/ buy her a step stool?

I expect a triangular tap head will defeat the local yoofs. Given that the downside risk is say £10 worth of water, is it worth doing anything more complicated until you've tried that?

Reply to
GB

Could you not take the top handle off the tap and keep it inside?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

or similar?

Reply to
dennis

Install a remote Stop Tap , Screwfix sell the Surestop one, where it is easily accessible by the cleaning person and others.

Reply to
Robert

dennis

Give her a box to stand on.

Reply to
harry

Buy her a step stool?

Cost of the H&S course for her to use one?

Second hand milk/beer crates are of course free and when turned up upside down make a stable platform for someone to stand on.

Reply to
ARW

Wildflowers do not need watering. They are the only flowers that will grow in my front flower beds.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

WTF is a wildflower?

Reply to
ARW

A flower that grows naturally in the wild, perhaps?

Chris Hogg

alan_m

Yes. But after 7 years of humiliation in my garden, these grew from seeds and look very nice. The lady down the road was so impressed that she wants to shag me.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Replace the tap with a pushdown tap. Then only a set amount can be dispensed and water is still availiable for anyone that needs it.

Philip

Reply to
philipuk

The blind women or is she on drugs?

Reply to
dennis

Of greater concern should be the damage to the property footings - and in witnter to the brickwork..

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Bloody unprofessional ARW

What's up with empty cable reels?

I believe the 19th edition will make it mandatory to increase the inner spool size to aid stability.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp