Key operated outside water tap

My local hall has an outside tap. To avoid massive water bills through the local miscreants turning it and leaving it running all night/weekend we hav e taken to turning off a valve inside the building. This year we have plant ed a collection of wildflowers and others which until they are established need watering. The cleaning lady is happy to do the watering but she isn't very tall and c an't reach the inside shut off valve. I'm thinking if the outside tap was o perated by a key (Yale type) it would simplify the task. The only key opera ted valves Google seems to be able to find are simple, square/triangle lock shield types. Does anyone know if what I'm seeking is available?
On 22/05/2019 17:26, Cynic wrote:

Put the outside tap in a metal safe with a key..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/High-Security-Strong-Steel-Safes-Key-Lock-Safety-Box-Home-Office-Money-Cash-Safe/16026507040
--
Renewable energy: Expensive solutions that don't work to a problem that
doesn't exist instituted by self legalising protection rackets that
On 22/05/2019 17:26, Cynic wrote:

Just to ask the bleeding obvious, the inside valve can't be moved/ add a second valve lower down/ buy her a step stool?

I expect a triangular tap head will defeat the local yoofs. Given that the downside risk is say £10 worth of water, is it worth doing anything more complicated until you've tried that?

On 22/05/2019 18:19, GB wrote:

Buy her a step stool?
Cost of the H&S course for her to use one?
Second hand milk/beer crates are of course free and when turned up upside down make a stable platform for someone to stand on.
--
Adam

On Wed, 22 May 2019 20:05:27 +0100, ARW

Bloody unprofessional ARW
What's up with empty cable reels?
I believe the 19th edition will make it mandatory to increase the inner spool size to aid stability.
AB

I broke an ankle doing that , they were stacked four high in four columns with a piece of plywood on top. They were still stable till a twerp came down the corridor with an empty pallet on a pallet truck and was too thick too notice that you can’t get a 48” wide pallet through a 40” inch gap and took out one corner of the pile.
GH

Unlikely to happen in Cynic's hall.
The problem is one of force to turn it on and off and the weak metal most keys are made from. Far better to construct a protection device around a normal tap I think. Brian
--
----- --
Cynic wrote :

Could you not take the top handle off the tap and keep it inside?
On 22/05/2019 18:55, dennis@home wrote:

https://floodcheck.co.uk/product/floodcheck-manual-easy-reset/
On 22/05/2019 17:26, Cynic wrote:

Install a remote Stop Tap , Screwfix sell the Surestop one, where it is easily accessible by the cleaning person and others.
On Wednesday, 22 May 2019 17:26:15 UTC+1, Cynic wrote:

e local miscreants turning it and leaving it running all night/weekend we h ave taken to turning off a valve inside the building. This year we have pla nted a collection of wildflowers and others which until they are establishe d need watering.

can't reach the inside shut off valve. I'm thinking if the outside tap was operated by a key (Yale type) it would simplify the task. The only key ope rated valves Google seems to be able to find are simple, square/triangle lo ckshield types.

Give her a box to stand on.
Cynic wrote:

Wildflowers do not need watering. They are the only flowers that will grow in my front flower beds.
On 22/05/2019 20:21, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

WTF is a wildflower?
--
Adam

One that has been taken one stage beyond irritated!
AB
Thanks everyone, the surestop sounds like a good solution at a reasonable cost.
On 22/05/2019 20:51, Chris Hogg wrote:

That's traditionally American. British English is "wild flower". Hence the OED does not recognise "wildflower", and Collins gives the concatenation only as an "also".
And we are exhorted to think about the dangers of invasive species!
--
Robin
Jim K.. wrote:

Yes. But after 7 years of humiliation in my garden, these grew from seeds and look very nice. The lady down the road was so impressed that she wants to shag me.