Karcher window vac spares

This is driving me up the wall. My Karcher has 2 rubber blades, one a flat squeegee type the other a serrated one. I would like to replace the latter, but cannot find it on line. Can someone please help me, I have searched, to no avail, until my fingers are sore! ;-)

Reply to
Broadback

For once, I did buy some spare sets of 'lips' for mine from Amazon just after I bought it, but mine are aren't serrated just plain blades, I just dug them out still in the packets

the 170mm ones are P/N 2.633-104.0 the 280mm ones are P/N 2.633-005.0

if they helps?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Mine is the WV50, though the spares come in packs of two, but you only replace one of the blades (an elongated P shape) as you describe the squeegee, the serrated section seems to be part of the head itself and presumably you'd have replace the nozzle if it's worn out?

Andy Burns

Thanks Andy, I have now heard from Karcher they say that other blade is not replaceable so I need to get a new head. Tue but how did they know? :-))

Reply to
Broadback

I have a WV50; had it for 6 years and the serrated rubber is fine, but I mainly use it to collect condensation on the inside of single glazed windows in winter. Very occasionally I use it to clean the outside of the patio doors, but only to give the final shine, I use a conventional squeegee get the initial dirty water and soap off, and make sure the whole thing is rinsed to remove all soap/detergent.

Are you using yours on rough or gritty surfaces ?.

You may be holding it at the wrong angle, or pressing too hard on the surface you are cleaning, or dragging across sharp edges of the window and/or frame.

Leaving it exposed to UV light during the summer might accelerate deterioration of the rubber bits.

Reply to
Andrew

Amazon had the whole caboodle for sale @£33 the other day

Reply to