Karcher window cleaner glass concentrate

I admit to being a Karcher window cleaner fan. However I wonder if their glass cleaner concentrate is anything other than detergent? Anyone know?

Reply to
Broadback

So, alcohols and ammonia

Reply to
Andy Burns

plus pong and lots of water

Andy Burns

And ethoxylated alcohols - in other words, surfactants.

So it's a "fat profit" product as all these branded cleaning liquids are. A couple of drops of a cheap washing-up liquid, with a dash of isopropanol and ammonia, diluted to make an 0.5% or so solution, will do the same job for less than a tenth of the price.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Use water and small amount of car windscreen washer, (Blue stuff).

Reply to
harry

In message snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com, harry snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com writes

Whatever happened to the windscreen washer stuff that Aldildl used to sell. Very concentrated in a small container where you squeezed the bottom to get a measured amount in the top compartment. You then emptied the small top compartment into the car wash water system and filled up the rest with water.

It came in lemon and apple flavours, was easy to buy and carry home and worked well.

Seems to have been replaced by these 5 litres of blue diluted stuff. I only bought one once. Hopeless, heavy, went everywhere when I tried to top up.

Reply to
Bill

You drank it ?

Why do we need to pretty up such basic items anyway.

GH

Reply to
Marland