Just wondering - Heat Transfer

And I sad 'how can energy escape from a *closed* system

The bit you forgot to quote....

Hint. when in a hole....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just a stray thought.In general farmers are required to fence to keep their animals in. Railways are required to keep animals out and pay compensation if any are killed as a result of their fences failing.

And a belated seasonal greeting to all your readers.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

You really, really are either suicidal in your efforts to defend your bogus position or so very hard of thinking.

I explained to you that it isn't a closed system when it is no longer a closed system (duh) and it was under the circumstances of being an open system that we were then discussing. I know you can't keep up because you aren't wired for it (so I don't hold it against you).

I didn't forget to quote it, I didn't quote it because your opinion is completely irrelevant. My comment on you however is still valid as you continue to prove as you dig even deeper. ;-(

Oh the irony, and you another example of your inability to cope.

Therefore, because it is obvious you have lost the plot, I'm going to do you (especially) and everyone else here a favour and ignore any further replies from you on this (or any other thread where you are stalking me or just trying to spread more of your vile cr*p).

I *really* hope things turn out better for you in 2017.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

In message , T i m writes

No. I had forgotten the name of the author (Jared Diamond according to Wiki) basically about the fate of human societies but some interesting stuff.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Ah, 'Location, location location'. ;-)

Funny, I was talking to the Mrs recently about how 'lucky' one might consider oneself being born in a country that is generally able to support a reasonable amount of like and nearly all year round. This is specifically in comparison with those who live near the poles (N/S, not Poland ) or in what is mostly desert.

No trees, no easy way for yer average roaming inhabitant to cook food for example.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

The element head screws into the cylinder case. You expect that to be cold? If it is appreciably above the temperature of the cylinder walls, get someone in to check why.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Cow dung

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Don?t tend to get much of that in deserts with no trees at all.

Reply to
John

Thanks - I can understand the notion of "thermally coupling" in my not scientific mind.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Having said that, the capacity to "couple" the output a normal kettle element to the water is *significant* without any modifications.

Watch this example of "overclocking":

John Rumm